Thursday, November 7, 2013

Presentation Platforms

For my screencast tutorial we used PowToon. We chose PowToon because this was a website that I knew nothing about and my partner had only minimal experience with.  This platform is a very age appropriate  site as it was very user friendly and would be good use for students six through twelve.  I liked this platform as much as I thought I would. It wasn't really more or less than I expected. I liked the platform but it isn't something that I would use for my first choice in presentations. If I could change one thing about this platform would be that there were no restrictions on all on the materials. I want to be able to use a site because it is free and I will have more choices from. If I had to pay I would do a different website with more options if I did upgrade.

For my interview presentation I used Google Presentation. This presentation platform would be great for any ages from fifth and up maybe even lower if the kids know how to operate the computers in a appropriate manner. This is a very easy program,user friendly, and lets you be creative to a certain extent. I have used Google Presentation as my go to platform for many years. I like this platform more than I thought I would because Google lets you do what you want but to a certain extent in the creativity. If I would and could change something about Google Presentation it would be that you have more options. PowToon makes you pay a monthly fee to have all of their options, but Google Presentation is all free but not as many options with creativity. If they would add more animations,text, and even custom colors I think that the quality in their presentations would go up.

PowToon and Google Presentation are very similar in basic options. Google is a all free programs were PowToon lets you start with a very basic free options but upgrade to better programs by paying a monthly fee. I haven't used any on their other premium packages to see how they would differentiate from each other. The programs have the same options with text PowToon just gives you more animations/stickers and it is presented as more like an iMovie. They are both very good presentation platforms but if I would have to choose I would stick with Google Presentation because I know more about the program that PowToon where I have had very little experience using this program.

2 comments:

  1. You stated,"For my interview presentation I used Google Presentation. This presentation platform would be great for any ages from fifth and up," and I agree because google presentation is pretty easy to use. I have used for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stated that PowToon gives you some more options for text and effects than google presentations do and i agree because google presentations only give you a few options hon how to customize your presentation.

    ReplyDelete